15 Kasım 2012 Perşembe

Don’t Give Up Your Day Job

To contact us Click HERE
fed up
Welcome back to Fed Up with Blogging’.  
Fed up yet?  Yes?  No.  Maybe?

I’m fed up, but I’m not fed over.  ???  Yes, you heard me.  I’m fed up, but I’m not throwing in the towel.  I’m not finished blogging.  I’m not finished writing.  I’m not fed over.


fed up not over
I have wrestled for months will quitting.  Just giving up and stopping cold turkey.  Of course, I try for a day or two and miss it.  So quitting is not an option.  My options are changing the way I do things.  Stop following all my super fabulous friends.  Stop hopping from social media platform to social media platform and back again over and over and over again.  No, I need to blog, log and shut up.  I needed to see that there is an in between.  A place between the rat race and quitting.  I can continue to write and grow without driving myself mad.  …and most of all?  What I learned is that I don’t want to give up my day job.

Now you might be wondering “What day job?”  “I didn’t know she had a job?!?”  Well, to be honest, I don’t really.  I don’t have a wake up at 7, shower, go to work till 5 and come home day job.  My day job is two fold.  I wake up at 7 and hurry little children into little pants and shirts and make sure they are washed, combed, socked and shoed.  I make sure their bellies are full and their minds are churning.  That is part 1.

Part 2?  That is the blog and the photography business.  Yes, my brand is my day job.  I have other part time gigs too.  I write for Houzz, I photograph for Hobby Farm Home and I craft for Crafts Unleashed.  Those aren’t my day jobs though.  They can drop me at any second.  They dictate what I write and how  write it (though all allow for lots of freedom which I am grateful for!!!). 
The point is – as wonderful as a company is, I can’t stop building my brand to build theirs.  I still have this dream of my writing, my work, my photography becoming successful, and though gigs are part of the journey, they are not the end.  For me.  Perhaps they are for you – that is your journey.  For me though, I need to keep my brand.  Even if it is just hobbling along in the wake of a million other responsibilities, I don’t want to quit.  I don’t want to give up this platform I’ve created to say whatever I want.  I don’t want to give up an audience that has been nothing but supportive for a larger one that doesn’t know me.  I want to have my cake and eat it too.  So fed up I may be, but I’m not quitting.  I’m just going to tweak the way I do business and that means I will keep on keeping on with my eyes forward instead of flitting constantly all around

  What will you be doing?




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder