13 Mayıs 2012 Pazar

I knew my passion was for photography when...

To contact us Click HERE


I knew my passion was for photography when...
I took pictures to calm down.



Here's the scenario.

It's party day at my house. A bunch of wiggling 5 year olds will be arriving at the door in about 60 minutes to raid m house, eat cake and jump on the trampoline. All good things. The house is clean, but it was through a haze of yelling, vacuums, screaming and slamming doors. The games are ready, but certainly there is more I could do to prepare. My husband reminds me it is just 5 year olds and they probably won't even come into the house. They certainly won't recognize how well I have or have not cleaned the bathtub.

A tightly would string, I am about to SNAP. What to do?

I grab my camera, aiming to take a few photos of the games so I can write a blog post. I get a few pictures taken and then I see a pretty orange ranunculus. Snap. Oo -- look the way that willow is blowing int he wind -- snap snap. Light's bad, move over 2 inches, perfect - SNAP. Walk two steps, is that a bee, lean forward, to the side - aperture down, way down, oops too far. Adjust the exposure, that's better. SNAP.

20 minutes later -- I'm all snapped out. I'm calm and my husband's words are ringing true. They are 5 year olds. They care not about clean floors, but care deeply about fun times.

That is when I realized that my passion is photography. It is what I went to when I needed to relax. I love shooting just for the sake of shooting. It is like a crossword puzzle on a Sunday morning or a Sudoku puzzle before pulling up the covers. It clears my brain through the process of thought. It is my thing. I'm glad I found it.

Have you found yours?


It is PHOTOGRAPHY week at the nest and you have the chance to link up YOUR posts right HERE!   THIS IS THE LAST DAY TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY!  ENTER HERE!



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder