13 Mayıs 2012 Pazar

PARTY on a PENNY WEEK | The WalMart Salsa Bar

To contact us Click HERE

Welcome back to party on a penny! 
Today's post is a simple concept, but one I hope encourages you to make the best of what you have!

Remember the Jungle Animals/Diego party I showed you on Tuesday?
Well, we went full steam with the Mexicana party theme and the food was all as authentic Mexican as we could make it.  Alex and I had just gotten back from our trip to the Yucatan, so we were a little inspiiiiiiired.

Alex made enchiladas and refried beans from scratch, I made my "stale tortilla - tortilla chips", We served Mezcal Crema instead of Sour Cream, fresh limes on everything, and we bought jars of salsa from WalMart.  ...and they were WalMart brand.  Yup - we used WalMart salsa with all of our home baked stuff.  We got a little lazy at the end :)

I wasn't about to let those WalMart jars ruin the look though.  I whipped out some glass bowls, decanted three different types of salsa, topped them with fresh cilantro and quickly scribbled out some nametags for them.  I tried to be all creative with my nametags like "Fresh White Corn and Roasted Jalapeno with a hint of Chipotle aged in the salt breezes of Cancun", but I think I was the only one who thought they were funny.  Well, that's not true, I think my SIL Kjerstin laughed at my nametags, but the boys definitely missed the girl humor.


Of course, my mind kind of went blank with the plain old salsa, so it sadly got "Medium Red Tomato".  In any case, you get the idea!  Don't let store bought items get you down -- just spice them up and nobody will ever know the difference (unless you write a blog post and tell them....)

Want the recipes???  Check out Alex's MEZCAL CREMA and my HOMEMADE Stale tortilla - tortilla chips!


What is YOUR best party food idea? Get ready, because TOMORROW is YOUR chance to link up all of your party ideas!! No limits!



Missed a post this week?
MONDAY - Pirate Party Games for $25.00
TUESDAY - Nothing should be leftover! Diego and Jungle Animals!
WEDNESDAY - FOOD + FAVORS = MORE GAMES!
THURSDAY - WalMART Salsa "Bar"
FRIDAY - YOUR party ideas -- link them up!


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder