7 Ekim 2012 Pazar

I painted my porch the color of a little box from...

To contact us Click HERE
On yesterday's post, you might have noticed a little change in shade under the table. It used to be brown. Now it is...
(Come on -- open the door and come outside.  It's wild, but it won't bite...)

Yup, that's right.  I painted my porch teal.
...or aqua...or turqoise...or aquamarine...
I can't give you the exact name of the paint because...

Well, I just don't know.  I rescued several cans of porch paint from the basement that have been sitting there since we moved in and perhaps many, many years prior to that.   The cans were rusted shut, had old falling-off labels and gave no real clue to the color inside.  Even after vigorous shaking, they still felt clumpy.  Paint can openers didn't work.  I had to break out several screwdrivers and a wedge to pop the tops off the cans.  What awaited was a soggy mess of oil with some paint color down at the bottom.  Who knew it would be teal?

After a great deal of mixing, I scientifically poured big sweeps of paint out on the porch and then rolled it in with a large roller.  ....and my eyes got wide.  "Oh my goodness it is TEAL!"

This color exists exactly NO WHERE else in the house and I always expect old paint cans from the basement to at least relate to some portion of the home, but not these!  Bright teal!


PS -- Don't be afraid to try this at home.  Grab those old paint cans and PAINT something!
What is the very worst that can happen?  That's right!  You paint over it if you hate it!

The problem though?
I actually like the teal.
and I'm afraid that makes me vaguely crazy...


Look out the back kitchen windows or step onto the porch from the back door and it gives the sensation of walking on water.  (No really, it DOES!)  It brightens up the white pergola and makes me smile literally every time I look at it...even just in pictures.

Perhaps it is because I know we are going to be missing this in a few weeks:


So in lieu of turquoise waters I have a turquoise floor?




Am I crazy?

Would you do it?

Did I commit a design crime or am I a design hero?

...and yes -- that concrete?  That was another two gallons from the basement...


...and it is FABULOUS!

Be brave!  Live Bold!   Love Color! PAINT YOUR PORCH!


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder