10 Ekim 2012 Çarşamba

The Solution to all those half eaten pieces of fruit...

To contact us Click HERE
I've had this problem for awhile now.  I've thought about solutions and nothing seemed to fit or work.  I felt wasteful.  The problem?  Fruit.

My boys love fruit (not the problem!!).  They also tend to not finish the fruit (the probelm!).  Oranges, apples, pears plums -- they like them all, but waste big portions of them all as well.  I can give the leftovers to the chickens, but we are talking expensive fruit.  I like the good apples (Honey Crisp!) and of course they always want them too.  Those apples cost a lot and we end up giving the cores to the chickens!   Don't even get me started on the gourmet pears the boys picked out at the grocery store last time....

In any case, I was chopping the leftovers off the core and tossing them in a bag for the chickens, when all the sudden it struck me...


Why hadn't I thought of this before?  All the fruit scraps, all the yogurt scraps, dried fruit leftovers and even some granola go into the bag.  The bag goes into the freezer.  Once it is full, the whole shebang goes in the blender and it is smoothie time!

The boys don't know where the ingredients for smoothies come from.  They just love them

They don't know where the leftovers from their half-eaten fruit goes.  They just wash their hands and move on to play with more trucks, trains, dirt and worms.

It's a win-win-win...

...except for the chickens...I bet they miss those gourmet pears....


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder